Wednesday, September 2, 2009

...breaking news...


Hi. It has always been back to work, but in this back to school week when education is priority, I am wondering how people get their news. I tend to listen to NPR or BBC Public radio when I am getting ready for my day. I also learn much news from the Internet, but rarely do I watch TV. On this evening in 1963 the CBS Evening News became U.S. network television's first half-hour weeknight news broadcast, when the show was lengthened from 15 to 30 minutes. I am guessing that Evening News broadcasts are still big advertising money makers for the stations but think that this type of news gathering, along with newspapers, are dropping off. Speaking of which, and just in time for the Holiday gift giving season, there is a 'Pole Dance' doll for all of those little girls (and some boys) out there. The li'l darling goes up and down a dance pole just as many of you parents wish that your toddlers would do. And what a workout it provides! Ah, news. We watched an interminably long and poor movie last night called 'Changeling" and, aside from the lead actors lips, had a hard time keeping focus on the jarring direction and poor acting. I was ready to chop them with an axe myself. New Fall fabric books have arrived and some of my favorite combinations are big this season. Black, taupe, charcoal and graphite. I gravitate toward them anyway, in vogue or not, as they have long shelf lives when used properly. Even the animals that live with me fall into these color categories. The world isn't just black and white everyone! Like a newspaper, or the first half hour evening news broadcast. I may have to report on a deadbeat tomorrow but will see how today goes. I hate to mess with Karma if this company is on the up and up. Maybe their cell phones, land lines and computers have been down for a week so I will be patient and see. Have a prosperous and great day. Do something newsworthy, but not anything tabloid attracting. And no offense to pole dancers everywhere! I should probably try it. I need a change from the Stairmaster. Chilly evenings ahead here in Chester County, PA. Don't forget a "Fireplace Screen" for when that time arrives. I would hate anyone to burn their ash.
"News, if unreported, has no impact. It might as well have not happened at all." Gay Talese