Thursday, September 3, 2009

...fly by...


Hi. The drapery installation went great yesterday and after the sectional was delivered we decided to move it down 4" and over 5" which was involved but we did it with relative speed. Blues and wheat tones made a beautiful complement to the shared spaces already decorated. Last evening, during dinner a friend called in a panic. Her Cockerpoo had gotten a hold of an inhaler and his heart rate was up there. I phoned Animal Poison Control and they never answered the line. I have to find out if they need help phone wise as it is something that many retired people may want to do, or even me. It could also be a great internship choice for those interested in getting into Veterinary Medicine. They of course have a long recorded message about funding and to have a Credit Card number available which is fine, but answer the freaking phone! Both of us called from separate lines but we never got an answer. Thankfully for the Internet we figured out what to do and Coco is fine. I drove over there lickety split and almost beat the record established on this day in 1935 as Sir Malcolm Campbell reached 304.331 miles per hour on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, becoming the first person to drive an automobile over 300 mph. My Bishon puppy has become quite the blogger and likes to sit on my lap and put his tiny white paws on the keypad. It is very cute, but if you read a curse word or two it will not have been my fault. Today I go to MB's home to select fabrics for a chaise and some pillows and maybe new valances for her sun room. We did the sofa and love seat this time last year. Sometimes the days creep and the months fly by. How is everyone's end of summer cold doing? Mine is great, thank you. We smoked Black Cherry cigars last night and that very much helped my sinuses and head cold. I highly recommend doing it. I need to fly now. Hit the 'cher' in cherry for chairs.
"Eagles commonly fly alone. They are crows, daws, and starlings that flock together." John Webster ...just ask Don Henley