Friday, September 18, 2009

...small packages...


Hello. It's a bit grey here in Chester County, PA this morning. I had an appointment at Shannondell where I had done sample apartments a few years ago. The place is now pretty huge and reminds me of dorm living on a much more grand scale. Every tenant has a small shelf outside their front door and from what I can tell, everyone has a small statue, floral arrangement or some diminutive item to welcome both inhabitant and guest. I get a daily reminder that good things come in small packages as all of the animals who live here are small scale. That is only in size, mind you. Not in attitude. I wonder where they get it? My neighbor is downsizing so I helped last night bring some things up from here basement and out to the curb or to my truck for a Goodwill delivery. New carpet samples cam e yesterday also and some of the new broadloom's have a twist to them and that gives a fresh look to an old stand-by. Sort of like when Joan Rivers has more work done. Teal and chocolate are waning in forced style and my favorite, bottle green with sage undertones is being prominently shown. Please tale no offense teal lovers, and small Tiffany packages everywhere. On this day in 1837, Tiffany and Co. was founded by Charles Tiffany and Teddy Young in New York City. The store was called a "stationery and fancy goods emporium". Makes great stocking stuffers too! Autumn is fast approaching so please wear shorts and Crocs to work until it becomes impossible to do so. It is casual Friday, isn't it? Tick, tock. ($56.46 click the link). Have a good day, embrace small positives and if you have time later, stop by Tiffany and Co. Any size will do. *wink*
"Fear comes in two packages fear of failure, and sometimes, fear of success." Tom Kite