Friday, September 4, 2009

...brilliant idea???


Greetings. People must be sensing the end of summer even tho' I am the last one to even conceptualize it. I have sold 6 custom bar stools in only a few days. To me it means that those who entertain are prepping their bars for the colder months. At least here in Chester County, PA. Yesterday I chose swivel bar stools in a Weathered Mahogany Finish with a Robert Allen almost Marimekko-ish blue and white fabric for the seats. I went with Weathered Wood because, if any of their friends are like mine, the bar stools will look 'vintage' in no time at all anyway. I furnished their 'Fairway Room' this time last year in deep teal and earth tones as it looks out on the golf course. (thus the 'Fairway Room moniker). They own an old rattan chaise and I suggested my painting the base a deep blood red and making cushions out of 'Tapestria' in a pear green with mod buff swirls that replicate the Berber carpeting. She was taken aback for a moment and then commented, "will people say Merry Christmas when they walk into the room"? We laughed until I wrote down the name of the paint and the fabric. The Benjamin Moore paint is named 'Santa's Suit', the fabric is named 'Tinsel'. ooops. We are doing it anyway. I think it is an innovative and great idea. Interestingly, on this day in 1957 the Ford Motor Company had a great idea and introduced the Edsel. The Edsel was a marque of the Ford Company during the 1958, 1959, and 1960 model years. The brand is known best as one of the biggest commercial failures in the history of American business. Please save your comments regarding the chaise. I may have to do a drapery removal later today as a large design firm who could not seem to measure, order or install a simple window treatment hired me to fix their mess for a Grand Opening and now unable to pay my bill. No tickey, no laundry y'all! Today's photo are my new "Gutenberg Printing Press Nest Tables". Unique and practical. Sort of like the Edsel!
"There are no crown princes at Ford." Edsel Ford ....but how about a Crown Victoria?