Saturday, September 19, 2009

...'boy that coffee was hot' said the moron...


Ok. I usually don't write a blog on Saturdays but I need to post a short one. Years ago a lady sued McDonald's because she ordered a hot coffee at a drive through, spilled it on herself and won the claim. If it had been lukewarm would she have sued also? Would she have returned it because it wasn't hot enough? A while ago a lady ordered custom chair pads from my shop, came into my shop to pick them up when they were completed and when my phone rang and I turned my back for a second she tried to run off with them without paying. Luckily I have a wireless phone so continued my conversation while grabbing the bag from the beyotch. She called the police on me and claimed that I had thrown her up against the front wall of my shop. My front was all windows that face major highway Route 30 so I would have to be a freaking moron to pull that kind of act and she turned out looking like an utter moron as well as a thief in the eyes of the police. I got paid.If she had exited the shop with the goods and got as far as the sidewalk it would have been against the law for me to then grab the bag even tho' she hadn't paid. This week a Muslim teenager claimed in a federal lawsuit that she was denied a job at an Abercrombie & Fitch clothing store at a Tulsa mall because she wore a head scarf. I totally believe in everyones right to have a belief system or lack thereof. Let me tell you, I will be 50 in February, take good care of myself, work out on a regular basis and am fit. If I walked into Abercrombie & Fitch for a sales job it would be almost laughable. They market and cater to young, beautiful people. That is their choice. If they want to cater to a not so young, not so beautiful people maybe I would have a chance at a job, probably part time if you get my gist. And if anyone out there says, 'you are missing the point on religion' I would counter that ageism is in effect here with my tale. I feel it a waste of the court's time with these frivolous lawsuits and a waste of time and money for Abercrombie & Fitch to have to engage in this type of suit. If you want to wear or need to wear a head scarf wear it but do not expect a company with a style theme to change their 'branding' for you. If you go to a drive-through and order a hot coffee, expect it to be hot and don't be a moron and spill it. If you are a klutz go into the restaurant, sit down and drink it there...carefully. If you want to shoplift from my store, next time make it a lamp or something solid. If I hit you over the head with soft, plush, custom chair pads it won't make much of a difference. Have a great day, work hard, play hard and don't be a cheat. Oh, on this day in 1900, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid committed their first robbery together. It was a closeout Waverly wallpaper in the very back of my shop so no biggie.
"If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home when trouble arrives, you can only win." Shelly Long