Monday, June 1, 2009

...choked up...


Greetings. The sunny skies in Chester County, PA promise a great day weather wise. Yesterday was beautiful also and I removed and re-installed window treatments, did my laundry and then we went to '101' for dinner. It was great as usual but I need to learn to 'just say no' to the pepper mill when I order a Ceaser Salad. One of those buggers got caught in my throat and I had a devil of a time returning to normalcy. This similar feeling is being felt by my family as C and N make their way to a new life in South Carolina. Unfortunately pepper corns had nothing to do with their choked up status. I wish it were that easy for them. On this day in 1974 the Heimlich maneuver for rescuing choking victims was published in the journal Emergency Medicine. I go to the dentist this morning and can't wait to get that tooth fixed! Then I visit a friend, a client and stop by Benjamin Moore paints to begin a college Seniors dorm room in Lily Pulitzer pink and green. This will be fun. We have decided to do primarily, (no pun intended) cream with just touches of bright pink and green, otherwise the inhabitants may just choke upon view. We don't want that! We want a successful college career. I am still clearing my throat this morning due to pepper corns and other things and hope that everyone reading this has a great day, no matter what may pop up. Today's photo is 'Pretty in Pink' as most little girls like that color. Big ones also!
"A lot of guys who have never choked have never been in the position to do so." Tom Watson