Friday, June 5, 2009

...heat...


Greetings. The rain in Chester County falls mainly in the drains. I cleared out the rain spouts that had collected leaves, small branches and would love for the heat to arrive to dry things out. We are drenched but towel dried here and await sun. Everyone is vying for lap time while I try to type this blog and conflicts between the housemates are heating up. So did television audiences on this day in 1956 as Elvis Presley took the stage on the Milton Berle Show, introducing his new single 'Hound Dog'. He scandalized the audience with his suggestive hip movements. Back then it was scandalous. Today he would have to exit a taxi in front of the paparazzi revealing his private parts in order to gain attention. Yesterday I delivered and laid two custom area rugs with slip proof padding and it was a joy. They both look great and the home looks more together than it ever has. Every piece of art and wall decor that I hung had to be taken down as now that everything is in it's proper place, the community has decided to blast rock to create a new direction for the water overflow. I felt the heat when I heard that. My body temperature was not quite what people experienced on this day in 2003 as a severe heat wave came across Pakistan and India reached its peak. Temperatures exceeded 122°F in the region. Today I paint and whatever else comes into play, but I intend to keep my cool. I wish the same for you. Pictured today is 'Hot Pink Aqua Mod Girly Area Rug'.

"Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself." William Shakespeare