Monday, June 22, 2009

...you can't be serious...


The sky this morning looks like the opening to the "Simpson's" television show. The clouds surrounded by brilliant blue are a nice change from the rainclouds we have been experiencing day after day. Thankfully I get to go to the dentist and the vet so much of the day will be spent indoors. As long as the teeth and the housemates are fine nothing else much matters. You ask, 'you can't be serious?' I say, of course I am. John McEnroe asked this questions a few times on this day in 1981 at Wimbledon. Along with questioning several calls from the umpire he exhibited a disgraceful act of misbehavior and was fined $1,500 and came close to being thrown out of the championships after he called an umpire "the pits of the world". He then swore at tournament referee Fred Hoyles. Who won that match you again ask? You can't be serious...I am getting my furniture manufacturer fabrics updated this afternoon and that's a good thing. There are fewer things worse than selling a room or two and finding out that 1 or 2 of the products are no longer available. I am also visiting JS and AS so have quite a lot to fit into the day. Doing everything in the sunshine seems to make things so much better. I am actually happy about my dental visit as, even tho' the temporary crown is fine, it feels like a piece of chewing gum stuck up there. I have been having dream after dream lately and I'm not sure why. I really should jot down the themes or the strange things that happen during them. My guess is that I would sleep better. Today's photo is a take on the classic Bombe Chest but I haven't yet added it to my website. I'm thinking about ordering one and then painting it hot pink. And yes, I am serious. Have a great day, don't curse at umpires and enjoy yourselves.
"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three." Laurence J. Peter