Wednesday, June 17, 2009

...home...


Greetings. Prince is still coughing and that is a huge concern, but I now know to keep fresh tuna and extra sharp cheese around. This is a combination that along with his Hycodan makes it (so far) the only way to medicate him. His Doctor returns from vacation on Friday, and what is an end to a vacation without a visit from me! The last time I may have been imagining this, but it seemed as though, (from a distance) he had a look of shock on his face and seemed to be walking backwards towards his car. Maybe it's just me. (Maybe that's the trouble!) I spoke to my Dad last afternoon and he is extending his stay but not by much. Thank you everyone who sent well wishes. There were many of you. His hospital room is not home, but it is a private one and many 'pretty' nurses and wonderful doctors make it nice for him. Home is where you lay your hat! I couldn't wait to return to mine last night, wanting to spend quality time with my boys. When one is under the weather, we all feel it. Home is so important to me as well as many of you I would guess. Maybe that's why I am in the profession that I am. Not building homes per se, but decorating the interiors and sometimes, exteriors. I have never claimed to be Mughal emperor Shah Jahan I...heck, I can't even spell his name without looking it up. His wife died on this day in 1631 during childbirth. He then spent the next 20 years building her tomb, the Taj Mahal. That may be how long it takes me to finally receive those 'Gilded Songbird Needlepoint Pillows'. A beacon of liberty made it's home here in the US on this day in 1885. The Statue of Liberty arrived in New York Harbor. Dina, a housewife from New Jersey had wanted it placed in her front yard but when it arrived she found that it didn't say quite enough and had it moved. Home is where the heart is, but when you leave for work please remember to take it with you. Have a great day. The photo is part of DL's home.
"I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself." Maya Angelou