Thursday, June 11, 2009

...that's entertainment...


Greetings. The boys are playing rough this morning, the littlest one chasing the others around and it is quite entertaining. Not so much when he tries to eat my laptop, but anyway... Last evening I had dinner at LS and we watched part of 'So You Think You Can Dance'. Maybe I really am from another planet as people have commented over the years but it is the first time that I saw even a part of the show. It held my interest for a little while and I hear that it is all the rage entertainment wise. It is very important to find a release in these stressful times whether it be television, sporting events, movies, exercise, meditation or getting your drink on. The last inclusion may not be backed by the American Medical Association but I can always check on that for you. Some demand entertainment and quality entertainment at that. Queen Elizabeth sure demanded to be entertained as on this day in 1964 she ordered the Beatles to her birthday party. Guess what? They attended. Two of pop cultures most successful forms of entertainment, the movies, were released on this day. In 1982 "ET the Extra-Terrestrial" was released and a few years earlier, in 1978, "Grease" starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John opened. It truly turned Olivia Newton John's career around. She went from white bread county/pop star into sort of the slut next door and I loved the transformation. Her 'Physical' song and video hit #1 where it remained for weeks and the video truly tested boundaries back then. Some radio stations refused to play it which only helped it's spins and promotion. hehehe...No hand holding boys! I have no idea what this day holds as most of us never do but I wish everyone an entertaining, productive and great one. Today's photo is 'Sweetbird Needlepoint Pillow' because the only sounds that I am hearing right now, (aside from growling due to a ducky doll argument) are the birds singing from the front and back yard. Ahhhhh, now that's entertainment!
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." Mohandas Gandhi