Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...inspiration...


Hello. It is sunny and pleasant in Chester County, PA this morning. I received, labelled and shipped my Internet orders yesterday and hope that people are made somewhat happy with their new items. NY, CA and ID were represented in the latest shipment and I love it. These days it can be hard to remain inspired and sometimes we need a little poke to remain stoic. Please give positive thoughts to HB, the breadwinner and hardworking gal who is experiencing the politics and pseudo friends in her corporation who kiss her on the cheek one day and stab her in the back the next. She will be fine because she has what it takes but positive thoughts are never out of place. Here are a few examples as to why we need to forge ahead. On this day in 1901 the first exhibition of Pablo Picasso's work opened. His full name was (is) Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Crispiniano de la Santísima Trinidad. I am guessing that friends never gave him gifts that required a monogram or else the seamsters in Spain were millionaires. Speaking of millionaires, Mary Pickford, on this day in 1918 became the first female film star to get a million dollar contract. Now back to my web orders because it is so very interesting for everyone to read about me, me, me. Ahem. With the advent of the Internet I can easily reach out to far more of a geographic location then let's say, Chester County. I love it here, but let's be real. If I had to rely simply on the postal service, and they have an important place in business, I could not as easily do what I do. The first airmail service happened on this day in 1918, covering Montreal to Toronto. That has to have been the inspiration for the Internet of a few years later. Anyway, did you know that Picasso's first spoken word was 'piz'. Don't have nasty thoughts. I know because I was there trying to keep him from taking my pencil, (lapiz). The aggressive little bugger. Mary Pickford had not only acting chops but either learned or had an inherent business savvy and was no shrinking violet. Some thought that airmail was a silly idea but, and I don't know their exact words but Picasso, Pickford and Postal all probably stuck to their inspirational idea and told others to F off, maybe in Spanish, maybe in French, maybe in English but that phrase is universal. So should be your inspirations. S*it happens but so does a lot of great stuff. Hold your heads high but not high enough to walk into a low hanging tree branch. You will only look silly, and will have a headache for hours. I know. I was there. Have a great day, paint a picture, lick a stamp or give a bravura performance no matter what your livlihood. Today's photo is an original acrylic that I call 'Don't Fence Me In' but you can call it whatever you like. Just don't be too nasty.
"Insomnia is my greatest inspiration." Jon Stewart