Tuesday, July 14, 2009

...secrets...


You're keeping it a secret? Nah. Just not sharing all of the information, that's all. In polite society it is almost a requirement. For example, when asked "do you think I need Botox?" my fast reply would be, "Of course not, you look beautiful/handsome." Or, "I decorated my home all by myself, can you tell?" Well, you get the idea. I have never been the kind to intentionally hurt another, so, unless someone comes at me with both barrels, I remain polite and yes, somewhat 'secretive.' This weekend was a full one with the sidewalk sale, dinner parties, a family reunion of which I was the only non-family member, and Diva's *cough* 30th birthday again this year. You should have heard how the partiers turned the children's classic 'Amelia Bedelia' into a torrid X-rated steamer. B and G turned out a great dinner party and outdoor pool party and then J and J did the same on Sunday. Perfect weather, perfect weekend. Even the part where I did some carpet shampooing. "Do these jeans make my butt look fat?" Uhm, "Blue denim and black are always slimming colors." Monday I visited a client and chose a mod green, brown and hot pink contemporary floral for a simple window treatment that won't be so simple when I have finished with it. Boom, boom, POW! Later in the afternoon I took the boys to the park and they frolicked in the creek. Dancing and hopping they were in their glory until their little mud covered bodies all got tearless baths. How handsome! We, (humans only) then did the 5 mi power walk in excellent time. Not that I overindulged this weekend, but I like to burn and keep that old metabolism kicking. I emailed many large round table ideas (one is today's photo) to a client who spends the summer at the beach and am now getting more area rug combinations together for this coming Saturday for someone else. It will be about 6 rugs in total in a common area so blending color, style, texture and scale will be a challenge. I love to be challenged! I hate when something is too easy. *clears throat* "Yes, those jeans do make your butt look fat", in other words. On this day in 2003, the U.S. Government admitted to the existence of "Area 51". The intense secrecy surrounding the base, the very existence of which the U.S. government barely acknowledged, had led it to become the frequent subject of conspiracy theories and a central component to UFO folklore. The following day they admitted to Heinz 57. Lala is up from Orlando so we have been trying to spend time together but the days just seem to fly. Maybe I am showing my age. (This is where you reply, "You don't look a day older than 60!" .smirk. I don't even feel the 5 mi power walks anymore and think it is time to kick it up to 10. Tick tock. The first album that I ever bought was by Carly Simon, entitled "No Secrets'. It had "The Carter Family", "No Secrets" and of course, "You're So Vain". I remember the album cover well as she appeared bra less, subtly addressing the album title. I still listen to that classic album to this day, but not on vinyl. 8 track. Kidding. Have a great day, keep your guard up while remaining class acts if some one's butt does look big, try to keep it your secret.
"Celebrity and secrets don't go together. The bastards will get you in the end." George Michael
...'the end' hahaha hehehe hohohoh