Friday, July 10, 2009

...burn baby burn...


Greetings.I spent a good chunk of time yesterday designing a Cocktail Ottoman for a client. It sounds easy but it can be very time consuming not that I'm complaining. I finally found a fire retardant fabric in the correct pattern and texture along with finding one of my vendors who was willing to make it a custom size, height and leg for me. We don't want any hemp to burn that ottoman now do we! I meant candles. Last night we had a great time at dinner, eating, laughing and swinging on a tire. My friend's three children are 6,6 and 7 and love being around me. I cherish that and it gives the Mom and Dad a little break, to boot. You can pick your friends! We had planned on building a bonfire but the evening flew. We will rethink that for Sunday. On this day in 1212 the most severe of several fires in London burned most of the city to the ground. Then on this day in 1913, temperatures in Death Valley, CA hit 134 °F (~56.7 °C), which is the highest temperature recorded in the United States. And then...on this day in 1980 Alexandra Palace was burned down for a second time. This happened just after the beer festival and during the jazz festival and originated under the organ. Must have been a hot tune! My neighbor and I discussed finally getting the tubes out soon and hitting the creek. It is already July 10th, for Heaven Sake and we need to take advantage of the heat. Have a great day and keep cool. Unless you are in a cold climate right now. In that case, burn baby, burn! (you of course know where this link leads). Todays photo is of a 'Lyre Table'.

"Deal with the Devil if the Devil has a constituency - and don't complain about the heat." C.J.Cherryh