Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...malaise...


Hello. We walked early to avoid terrorizing the neighborhood, so "you're welcome" to all unaffected, and who may have been. One is a real handful but well loved but that pretty much defines myself and many, many people in my world. I have had a handful of people talk to me lately about feeling 'lost' or 'without direction'. These folks are successful, employed, have great friends and family and I ask myself "What's going on?" Malaise is defined as "a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness" so I find the word appropriate. I think that a Wednesday's Child is full of woe but cannot imagine that everyone born on a Wednesday is screwed emotionally from the first slap on... Maybe it's the sluggish economy in certain areas, maybe it is an age thing or maybe those damned Russians put something in our water!!! Kidding. That crazy thought process ended years ago. Or at least here in the Northeast. On this day in 1979 President Jimmy Carter gave his famous "malaise" speech, where he characterized the greatest threat to the country as "this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our nation." Hmmm. I personally think that prejudice still runs rampant in our country and always has, so not to worry on that account! Ding dong. I UPS'ed out more of those Needlepoint Songbird Pillows and am somewhat glad that the promotion is over. No offense to birds, pillows and needle pointers everywhere but I bought my first home in less time. I await the area rug coordinate samples which, ironically, are of a needlepoint nature. This should be fun. We had dinner at "101" last evening and a drastic change had occurred. Once very upscale, they must now be adjusting to the climate change or whatever, but it is much more casual in nature and in price. Our server was awesome and the food was good and we got to eat outside and enjoyed the beautiful Chester County, PA weather. The boys have a surprise coming tomorrow, thanks to their dear friend EA. They will spend the afternoon at a day spa receiving the 'works'. Teeth, nails, grooming, baths and a deep tissue massage. Kidding about the last part. I think. If they come home with even more attitude I will know. Have a great day with no malaise and if things get 'iffy', sport a pair of Flip Flops with your Armani suit. You may look God awful, but the malaise may just leave your soul.
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay. hmmmmm.... so 3-8% of people are born on Sundays?