Thursday, July 2, 2009

...common...


Greetings. I stepped on a shard of metal yesterday and that makes it all the more easy to walk a gaggle of dogs. I know that 'pack' is the proper term, but I didn't want to sound common. I found myself both reprimanding them and counting steps like I used to when I was more obsessive/compulsive than I am now. (Please wait while I count how many letters I have typed so far...) If you are anything like me, and I don't wish compulsive behavior on anyone, you will already know that this is the 182nd day in the year. That means that in this 'common' year, we have 182 to go until the champagne toast. I know that I am kidding no one if I want people to think that I am waiting 182 days to drink some champagne. My technological neighbor and brother-in-law helped me out last evening and I am grateful for them. Nothing common there except for their aptitude. The neighbor that I helped with the indoor moving sale returned the favor yesterday in the form of grooming. I never expected anything in return, as friends help friends unconditionally but I am happy for the gift. Thanks EA! The pool is clean and clear and awaiting hot bodies and battery operated fishes for the weekend. When I said 'hot bodies' I meant due to the temperature. Unless of course, Heidi Klum and her hubby stop by which is highly unlikely as they don't know me. Have a great day and do something uncommon. Perhaps at exactly 12:00 noon drink a glass of champagne. That is the exact midpoint of this year! Pictured are those 'Chateau Wall Clocks' in either Ketchup or Mustard.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them." Abraham Lincoln