Wednesday, July 7, 2010

...sliced bread


Air conditioning is a must have in Chester County, PA. Another hot spell is hovering around us and even the birds are tipping their claws in the bird bath to see if it's too hot. Air conditioning is the sliced bread of the Summer, even tho' when I buy bread it is usually in a loaf and I break it. Whatever. That sort of puts a damper into my 'on this day in' but I shall continue anyway. On this day in 1928 sliced bread was sold for the first time by the Chillicothe Baking Company of Chillicothe, Missouri. It was described as “the greatest forward step in the baking industry since bread was wrapped". Doesn't have much of a ring now, does it? Needlepoint pillows continue to sell via my website, and currently gnomes, owls and butterflies are hot. Just like the temperature in Chester County, PA. As shown today, drop a sink into an antique dresser to cool off. Nevermind all of the cutting to allow plumbing, it's the look that matters most. Did someone just call me vacuous?
"There are three constants in life... change, choice and principles." Stephen Covey