Saturday, July 24, 2010

...family dynamics


I overheard a 15 year old, mad as hell and fired up, talking to a friend. His Mom had usurped power and went on a tirade thru his bedroom, searching for nonexistent paraphernalia. I cannot say that, if I were a parent, I would not have done same if something triggered a search. It must be hard to keep the peace when there is so much danger out there for young and old alike. Can you imagine being Mary, Queen of Scots tho'? On this day in 1567, she was forced to abdicate and was replaced by her 1-year-old son James VI. Let me tell you, James was a handful before this historical occurrence. Crying, wetting his Pampers, yelling when the Gerber was not to his liking! Egads. Poor Mary then had to raise him while he knew fully well that he was the one calling the shots. Let's remember that it is pretty crappy to shine at the expense of others. Even if you are the King/Queen of the castle.
"In my end is my beginning." Mary Queen of Scots