Monday, July 26, 2010

...better safe than sorry


Honesty is the best policy. Unless someone asks you if their jeans make their butt look big. Then, by all means lie. Or be clever in your reply. But don't intentionally hurt someone. Or try to steal their pride. On this day in 1878, in California, the poet and American West outlaw calling himself "Black Bart" made his last clean getaway when he stole a safe box from a Wells Fargo stagecoach. The empty box would be found later with a taunting poem inside. "There once was a man from Nantucket..." I single handedly delivered the furniture pieces on Saturday and my bones are creaking like an old floor board. The fabric that mistakenly went to the bridal shop was returned and that job should be finished soon. Expecting a quilted comforter and shams, if a Porshe Boxter slipcover arrives, I won't be surprised. Just please send me the Boxter also. "Where is MF?" Madeline, I do not have your correct cell number. Please call or email me. Have a good day and try not to steal.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself." Josh Billings