Tuesday, July 13, 2010

...sign language


Yesterday I somewhat cruely referred to a co-worker as 'Helen' as he kept dozing off and missed several key catches. I was alluding to Helen Keller who had no sense of sight. For those of us who do, be thankful. I sure am. I am able to see the good, the bad and the ugly but wouldn't have it any other way. A monumental sign and now a large part of pop history was officially dedicated on this day in 1923. The Hollywood Sign was dedicated in the hills above Hollywood, Los Angeles. It originally read "Hollywoodland " but the four last letters were shaken when Shelly Winters walked by. Be nice. I am off to the shop to find signs of life and to turn a chaise back on it's feet. Don't ask. Treasure your senses.
"Life is a comedy for those who think... and a tragedy for those who feel." Horace Walpole