Saturday, July 17, 2010

...royalty


In the United States, we really don't get into royalty. That's more of an English thing. Or is it? I have had Princesses as clients for years, met a bunch of wonderful Queens, ran into a handful of Kings-to-be but have only met once Prince. He came to my door many years ago because his family was moving and the new place didn't allow him. He has some issue (and don't we all) but in a matter of days he was a part of the pack. His best friend was Baby Boy, the cat who thought that he was a dog. I would often find them napping together paw in paw. A couple of weeks ago Baby Boy died and Prince was never the same. We all grieve. Do people ever die of a broken heart? I believe that they can. I also believe that the death of Baby Boy took it's toll on an already fragile little man. Still pretty racked over the death of Baby Boy, I buried our little Prince right next to him yesterday. Now they can be paw to paw in Heaven. He is missed terribly. On this day in 1917 King George V of the United Kingdom issued a Proclamation stating that the male line descendants of the British royal family will bear the surname Windsor. If Prince wasn't a Windsor, I don't know who was.
"Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." Nathaniel Hawthorne