Monday, November 23, 2009

...let the music play


Hi. I stripped again yesterday and also had the brains to download many of my Holiday CD's into my IPOD. This is a backup in case I can't find a radio station that plays Holiday music 24/7. Elves are playing games with me I believe since I cannot find the crystal tree lights anywhere and they are too large in number to have been mistakenly thrown away. At least I hope that's the case. My installation Saturday went very well and I think it did the Mom good. Her son was moving out that very afternoon and the new window treatments softened both the room and the blow that she must have been feeling. They have music playing in every room with a built in sound system and I loved it. I thank God for my sense of hearing and never take for granted that not everyone gets this blessing. I also thank God for headphones when I don't want to hear some things. On this day in 1889 the first jukebox went into operation at the Palais Royale Saloon in San Francisco. Songs by Elvis, Carpenters and Bing Crosby must have filled the air and Joan Rivers, of legal drinking age by then must have loved the new invention. Have a great day, listen to the music and do the best that you can. Shown today is the 'Paradour Gold Round Mirror.'
"If music be the food of love, play on." William Shakespeare