Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...Adam's Rib


It is grey and raining in Chester County, PA this morning. On days like these, sometimes it takes the fittest to survive. My appointment yesterday went well although I arrived early which isn't like me. On time is key but better early than never. Some think that Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs and that's all good and well but I think that theory tends to make women appear subordinate in a way. It would have been more palpable to me if say, Eve was made from one of Adam's wisdom teeth. It's a bit more flattering for Eve and then Creationists wouldn't take so much ribbing. On this day in 1859 Charles Darwin published "On the Origin of Species." These writings presented a body of evidence that "the diversity of life arose through a branching pattern of evolution and common descent." Darwin included evidence that he had accumulated on the Beagle expedition in the 1830s and his subsequent findings from research, correspondence, and experimentation. I updated round mirrors on my website upon learning that one was no longer available. It either sold very well, or the vendor made only a handful. I'll never know. I wish good things for you today. Shown is my "Pet Buffet" for those stylish cats, dogs and other 4-legged family members. Maybe have one under the tree on Christmas EVE.
For anyone who watched the AMA's, were you 'shocked?' Well, more shocking to me is that ABC failed to mention that the 1,500+ complaint calls about Adam Lambert's performance all came from the same phone number. Let freedon 'ring.'

"Believing in evolution is believing in the unproved, while believing in Christ is believing in the proven." Edwin Louis Cole