Thursday, November 12, 2009

...cross to bear


Hello. I spoke with my Dad last evening, a Veteran of the Korean War. He was somewhat upset that the library was closed and therefore he couldn't sign out books. I figured a glass of chardonnay and a cigar might be a good replacement but he had already thought of it. I posted three crosses and a prayer on part two of yesterday's blog and have come to learn that the ACLU has filed a suit to have all military cross-shaped headstones removed and another suit to end prayer from the military completely.I am not sure that this is true so will have to investigate further. Supposedly Navy Chaplains can no longer mention Jesus' name in prayer. I never want to dis anyones beliefs, whether religious, spiritual or simply following the Golden Rule but I am happy that, if I want to post a prayer or crosses on my blog, I am still able. Blogs can be far reaching as my simple, somewhat daily blurbs have proven. On this day in 1990, Tim Berners-Lee published a formal proposal for the World Wide Web. Thank you Tim and may God be with us all. If anyone out there doesn't believe that there is something more than our physical presence on earth, email me. I have a few experiences to share that may just change/open your minds. Have a great day. "Angel Figurines" shown today. Amy Grant, 'Angels Watching Over Me.'
"Believers, look up - take courage. The angels are nearer than you think."
Billy Graham