Tuesday, November 17, 2009

...brass shines, gold mines


Hello. The Holiday Stocking production team worked all weekend and there are now about four dozen items ready to peddle. It was nice to break away from tradition and do something artistic and creative. It's nice to flourish among the ordinary sometimes and I enjoyed this period very much. Cross your fingers that more unique items will be needed. The 'Holiday Cocktail Napkins" and 'Embroidered Pillows' are doing well via my website and it makes perfect sense. People are 'stocking' up for the Holidays. Let's go back a few years now. I was in grade school or thereabouts when, on this day in 1558, the Elizabethan era officially began. Queen Mary I of England died and was succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
The Elizabethan era is often considered to be the golden age in English history. It was the height of the English Renaissance and saw the blossoming of English poetry, music and literature. Elizabethan theatre flourished, and William Shakespeare and many others composed plays that broke free of England's past theatrical style. Even the battles between Protestants and Catholics took a brief sabbatical. Speaking of across the ocean, my 'Koi Pond Oval Hook Rug' has gotten a lot of hits and a fews sales also, which I find odd for this time of year. Maybe some are already rooting on Spring! Have fun today, celebrate creativity and peace, out. Shown today, 'Christmas Ornament Balls Rug.' My keywords are getting more uhm, 'unique' but hey, creativity is good.
"Brass shines as fair to the ignorant as gold to the goldsmiths." Elizabeth I