Tuesday, October 20, 2009

...still waters run deep


Hello. Saturday afternoon I called on two clients who happened to be neighbors even tho' they didn't know each other. Both appointments were no nonsense, just the way I like it. Saturday evening EA had a dinner party and I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that 'a good time was had by all.' EdA spent quite a bit of time 'in the closet' upstairs screwing and banging while his wife waited patiently downstairs, sipping an amber liquid from a highball glass, refilling it as necessary. Sunday I sanded and inhaled more drywall dust and I now know how crack addicts lungs feel. Sunday afternoon I met with a client who is still pretty much all over the map even showing me a floral fabric and stripe coordinate that she has been holding onto for six years. She had indicated to me 'no more flowers' so we shall see how/if this room design progresses. I took Beau in for his neutering early Monday morning and he was nervous but I knew that I was doing the right thing. When I picked him up at 6 he had major attitude, as I would have, considering the procedure. All is well this morning and the little man doesn't even want his pain meds. I was sent home with pages of instructions, but things aren't always as black and white as they are written. He shows no signs of pain, no after effects and is doing splendidly. Speaking of black and white, on this day in 1951 the "Johnny Bright Incident" occurred in Stillwater, Oklahoma. The "Johnny Bright Incident" was a violent on-field assault against African American player Johnny Bright by White American player Wilbanks Smith during an American college football game. Bright's injury highlighted the racial tensions of the times and assumed notoriety when it was captured in what was later to become a Pulitzer Prize winning photo sequence. I wonder how Johnny felt about that? Thank God in 2009, things have changed. My cat and Schipperke are black, Beau is white and Prince is red and we all get along. I sometimes wish that all humans were color blind. Have a great day and don't let what appears to be a shallow pond fool you. Shown today, black and white toile wallpaper, black and white tailored ballon valance and white sheers. Don't they go great together?
"All the people like us are we, and everyone else is They." Rudyard Kipling