Wednesday, October 21, 2009

...florence nightingale


We got to the park before sunrise today and let me tell you,. it is no mean feat to attach three leashes in the dark. However, we did it. beau has bounced back wonderfully and I didn't even have to administer any of the pain medication given to him. Why medicate if you don't have to? Yesterday I installed new speakers and the truck sounds amazing. As it turns out, one of the many boxes that I moved contained...you got it...the exact speakers and tweeters(?) that my truck took. Coincidence? I modified them a little, put the door panels back on and am very satisfied with the new sound. I moved some of the boxes to P's home who has both MS and cancer. There is a rather new procedure where they use a laser knife instead of a cold knife. Her incision, if you will is measured now in a few small inches rather than a huge vertical and horizontal cut. Modern medicine. I sure hope they get it all. I sure hope she quits smoking on 11/7 as she has promised, but I am not judging. I don't want to consider the stress that she is under, or how I would deal with it. My dear neighbor died on Saturday after going to great lengths to save herself from cancer. She found a Doctor in another state, made the trek, was improving daily and then her organs began to fail. She was fifty. Rest In Peace Debbie! I will miss you.I delivered the chair and a half and matching ottoman yesterday. I had suggested a regular sized chair and ottoman but the client insisted on the chair and a half. When I delivered it the client stated that it was too big and that she should have ordered a regular sized chair and ottoman. *shakes head in utter confusion* We ended up rearranging some pieces, placing the chair and ottoman in a corner and now she loves it. I do my best to make suggestions that I feel appropriate after what, 25 years in the industry but the client has the last word. Last evening I went to EA's for dinner and caught up, finalizing our Halloween costumes for a party that we may or may not attend. Back to health. On this day in 1854 Florence Nightingale, ( not the Mom from the Brady Bunch) and a staff of 38 nurses were sent to the Crimean War. I have shop hours today and hope that my Internet orders arrive so that I can ship them right out. I also hope that everyone has a great day, eats healthy and drinks Emergenc-E in those Pink Lemonade packets if one feels a cold coming on.
"I have lived and slept in the same bed with English countesses and Prussian farm women... no woman has excited passions among women more than I have." Florence Nightingale