Thursday, October 8, 2009

...bat her up...


Hello. The long awaited 4' square custom ottoman is supposed to be delivered today and that's a good thing. I phoned my client with that news and she was at the Phillies game, the crowd hooting and hollering and having a great time. I did some more work on my soffits and found many taught electrical wires that are impeding progress, but I will figure that out. Curtain rods and pillow forms also arrived but as far as excitement goes, they aren't very...Back to baseball. On this day in 1956, New York Yankee's Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series; one of only 18 perfect games in Major League Baseball history. Now that's something to put on your tombstone! It will be six years since my Mom's passing and it is sort of hard to wrap my brain around that. She was born on December 8th and died at the age of 65. I try to believe that there is a reason for everything, but I have run into quite a few bastards in my life that live to be quite old and truly wish that God would have taken at least one of them out and that my Mom had lived longer; not with a disease tho'. I mean lived longer with a great quality of life. I sure do ask for a lot! 5 years and 363 days ago I was hanging out with my Mom. She is now riding horseback with some salty characters in Heaven, having a grand time, taking no sh*t and breathing easily. Have a great day everyone. Live, love and try not to let the stresses of life be the barometer to your day. We only live once? 'White Milkpaint Side Table' shown. For your glass of milk or bedtime cocktail.
"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it." W. Somerset Maugham
Update: "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" is on at 10:11 am.