Saturday, October 3, 2009

...Harvest Moon 2009...


Good day. It is cool and not very sunny in Chester County this morning. The fog lifted earlier but it is raining lightly. A furniture delivery came yesterday not as scheduled so I (and the dogs) had to run into work to receive it. Everything is correct so no harm, no foul. Speaking of foul, on this day in 1887 the first game of softball was played in Chicago, Illinois. My design friend sold four different fabrics yesterday and only one is available so I will stop by her studio on my way into work to see if I can help. I know how disappointing it is. Tomorrow is the full Harvest moon and I hope that the clouds will lift so that we can all enjoy it. I have added some seasonal accessories onto my website, and a bunch of new Sink Cabinets and Hand painted Chests. I stopped into Kmart to grab light bulbs and some bird seed and saw that many of the Christmas decorations and trees were being prepped for display. Um, yikes... but I digress. The Full Harvest Moon is the full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox. In two years out of three, the Harvest Moon comes in September, but in some years it occurs in October. At the peak of harvest, farmers can work late into the night by the light of this Moon. Corn, pumpkins, squash, beans, and wild rice are now ready for gathering. Unlike the farmers and the Indians, we can conveniently stop by our local produce stand or grocery store and gather what we need. Live in abundance which can be defined in many ways and have a great day.
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." Robert Louis Stevenson