Wednesday, October 28, 2009

...Rainy Days and Wednesdays


Hello from a drenched Chester County. We had to walk this morning but all towel dried to keep the beasty flu away. If that indeed helps. Last evening while writing 'Thank You' cards, and blessedly for me I had quite a few to write, an ad for Carpenters 40/40 came on. It brought me back *cough* a few decades and the feeling was magical. They could have used more attractive video clips of Karen who I had met on several occasions and was much more beautiful in person, but it's really all about the music. 40 years later the brother and sister are selling big numbers. What a legacy for Karen and a pot of proverbial gold for Richard. The Roman Shade installation has been postponed again and that may be a good thing. My drapery steamer stopped working this past week and I ordered a new one. Built in obsolescence maybe? Binge drinkers may be interested in knowing that, on this day in 1885 the first porcelain toilet was built. Joan Rivers bought one in Harvest Gold. My Living Room is now stripped of the Brunschwig & Fils concrete block wallpaper that I have loved for over a decade but it is far too daring to leave up to a prospective home buyer so I opted for vapor blue walls. I finished painting late Monday and the boys all have touches of said color on their coats. Speaking of blue, does continual rainfall make you feel that way? Do 'Rainy Days and Mondays' always get you down? I hope not. The line that she sings, 'sometimes I'd like to quit, nothing ever seems to fit' is eerily ironic but she is one amazing vocalist. If you are in the mood, click on this link and listen to Karen Carpenter, in her early 20's, singing this tune. It is as soulful and timeless as it gets. Have a great day, celebrate the porcelain toilet and take time to listen to the music.
"The image we have would be impossible for Mickey Mouse to maintain. We're just... normal people." Karen Carpenter