Thursday, October 22, 2009

...paparazzi


Hello. I am sitting in the dark writing by the glow of my laptop screen. I am not paranoid. Cameras seem to be everywhere these days. I was driving home from the gym yesterday when a car on my left kept beeping and trying to take a picture of me. My truck may look like something out of the Republican National Convention but I'm no celebrity. I made a delivery the other day and the client began to videotape me while I was working. I kindly told them to put the f*cking thing away before I flattened it with an upholstered ottoman. This has happened in the past as another time clients videotaped me installing window treatments above their Jacuzzi. It was an odd and invasive feeling. I don't know how celebrities deal with it. On this day in 1969 Paul McCartney denied rumors of his death. Still living, the absurdities of public life run rampant. Rosie O'Donnells' wife Kelli Carpenter, no relation to Karen Carpenter, has reportedly moved out of their Nyack, NY home and into their condo in Manhattan months ago. If this is in fact true, I wonder how they kept it out of the public eye for so long. Kudos to them for protecting their privacy. Have fun today, keep your nose clean and respect people's privacy. Unless it is something of a dangerous nature that requires action. But make sure it's something you really need to 'sink' into.
"There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary." Brendan Behan