Wednesday, October 7, 2009

...skip a day...


Hello. It is grey, warm and the birds are singing up a storm in Chester County, PA today. It's kind of odd, but not the kind of day that I'd want to skip. Yesterday the roads were fairly empty as was the gym and I wondered if maybe there was a party and no one told me about it. I emailed a friend who told me that she had to put her baby to sleep at 5:45 pm due to paw cancer and it is such a sad, powerless feeling. Please send positive thoughts and Jesus help to M and H and B as they forge ahead with what has to be a terribly difficult time. Tomorrow is another anniversary of my Mom's passing. Someone said that time heals all wounds but they never said that scars won't be left behind. I went directly home from the gym, ripped out more soffits and then had dinner with my friend EA. It's odd how anniversaries of a sad variety can play with the mind. It wasn't real cold outside around 9 pm, and I almost made a fire but then thought better of it. I can wait. Items that were neither discontinued nor back-ordered arrived so fast that it surprised me. I dropped off the Dodge Station Clock this morning to the UPS Store on it's way to Texas. I won't provide another link to it...we all get the idea that it is available on my website. I have to get my act together for a Halloween Party on the 25th of this month and hope to put together a great costume. It is sort of a challenge as everyone going to that party will be well dressed. I added a few new furniture items to my site yesterday and they are pretty unique. I try to save the cardboard boxes from these orders so that I can re-ship them when an Internet order comes in...but sometimes they sell off of the showroom floor and I am left with a lot of cardboard. I brought some home to be used as starter wood which reminds me...on this day in 1871 four major fires broke out on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago, Peshtigo, Wisconsin, and Holland and Manistee, both in Michigan. The Great Chicago Fire is the most famous of these, leaving nearly 100,000 people homeless, although the Peshtigo Fire killed as many as 2,500 people making it the deadliest fire in US history. Get those flues cleaned everyone! Anyway, if I could skip a day like they did on this day in 1582, due to the implementation of the Gregorian Calendar, it would be the day that my Mom died. We can't change the past but we can do our best to make the present as good as our bodies, minds and souls are capable and let's all hold out hope for a brilliant future. Mark my words, I will be hearing 'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel' at least once in the next 24 hours. Have a great day, hug those close to you and if they aren't close enough to touch, call them.
"Drink the first. Sip the second slowly. Skip the third. Knute Rockne