Friday, August 21, 2009

...raising the bar...


Hello. You know you need a new lawyer when he tells you that his last good case was a Budweiser. All kidding aside, I have never agreed with this type of a joke attacking a certain profession. As a matter of fact I have many, many friends who are attorneys and that is not only because I have needed to be bailed out of jail on several occasions and friendships ensued. (Get it, ensued.) I seriously considered Law School and took a year of prep courses eons ago and truly enjoyed it. On this day in 1878 the American Bar Association was founded. The ABA's most important stated activities are the setting of academic standards for law schools, and the formulation of model ethical codes related to the legal profession. I am still working on that table and chair fiasco and am ready for Sunday's basement renovation proposal. This afternoon I have to run out and install a custom shower curtain, hang a back splash in a kitchen and pick up a glider bench to prep and paint. Watch out everyone on the road, 'cause I will be rushing. A driver can be polite and fast at the same time and that is me. I forgot to tell you that the area rug deliveries on Tuesday went extremely well and the client was satisfied. Even her dogs liked them but I was thoughtful enough to bring them outside to play ball. I laid slip proof padding under all 6 of them but I didn't think that I should be the one to christen them. It is hot and humid in Chester County, PA today and I love it. Summer is waning and I have been working a whole lot, as most of you have too. Try to make time for summertime fun before the leaves begin to fall. Legal or illegal, that's up to you but if you find yourself in a bind I know several people who can help you out.

A junior partner in a firm was sent to a far-away state to represent a long-term client accused of robbery. After days of trial, the case was won, the client acquitted and released. Excited about his success, the attorney text messaged the firm: "Justice prevailed." The senior partner hastily texted back: "Appeal immediately."

"Start early and begin raising the bar throughout the day." Bruce Jenner