Thursday, August 6, 2009

...only a number...


Hello. Three of the area rugs arrived yesterday and they are exactly what I wanted. I am waiting on three more and will then deliver and lay. Late yesterday afternoon I installed the 'Roman Shades' in the nursery and everyone was so nice. They fit perfectly and I also got to see beautiful newborn ND. 5 year old 'older sister' SD was teary eyed and having a bit of a time adjusting to not being the baby. I explained to her that her window treatments were custom in nature and her new baby sisters were 'off the rack'. Oddly, I think she understood me. Mission accomplished on several fronts. Being around such youth kind of staggers my mind as they are really just starting out and I am referring to the little gals as well as Mom and Dad. It made me feel 4862 years old and I am not pulling that number out of my ear. On this day in 1964, 'Prometheus', the world's oldest tree, was cut down by a graduate student for research purposes. They did not know of its world-record age before the cutting. Ooops. The circumstances and decision making process leading to the felling of the tree remain controversial, with different versions regarding the decision to cut the tree; not all of the basic facts are agreed upon by all involved. After this controversial tree felling incident the graduate student left the study of forest genetics and is now managing a Taco Bell in Mexico. Interestingly, the location of the now oldest known tree named Methuselah is being kept secret. Rumor has it that Joan River's Dad had planted a tree when she was first born so we may want to look in Beverly Hills for the exact location of said tree. Today's photo is the 'Reclaimed Wood Table' because it seems appropriate to repost. Have a great day, stay young at heart and don't chop anyone down, young or not so much.
"You cannot get ahead while you are getting even." Dick Armey
update: the full moon is tonight sleep well little children...