Friday, August 7, 2009

...penny for your thoughts...


Hello. I installed some more drapery yesterday and on the windowsill facing east, was a penny facing head's up. I, of course asked if there was meaning to it and the client replied, "yes, it is for good luck." Ok then. On this day in 1959 The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny went into circulation, replacing the 'sheaves of wheat' design still in use today. Let me grab the penny that I took off of that client's windowsill and see which style it is! Kidding. If someone thinks that a penny facing head's up symbolizes good luck I am all for it. If something makes the mind think in the positive, why not? Also on this day, but in 1965 the infamous first party between Ken "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" Kesey and the Hell's Angels took place at Ken's estate in California. This gathering introduced psychedelics to the gang world forever linking the hippie movement to the Angels. The needlepoint area rugs will take another few days to arrive which is no big deal. I have already ordered, received and cut the slip proof padding for each in preparation for the delivery. They are the 'Turin Block Needlepoint Area Rugs' in three different sizes, pictured in today's post. I spent some more time last night removing and plastering walls to my foyer bathroom as the wallpaper was looking tired. It has been up for 18 years now and even though it is a classic, timeless pattern the seams are not fresh enough so it had to be removed. Warning everyone. If you don't remain fresh I will have you removed! That goes for nieces and nephews. Fresh is in. Sure hope my words don't cause any trouble for them! It feels like Autumn this morning and we had to wear our fleeces for the walk. Someone please slow down Summer. I haven't even been to the beach yet, nor have I tubed. I have to get to a body of water with a good luck penny in my psycho-delic yellow and taupe jams and get this party started. Have fun today, good luck in all that you do and Heaven or Hell, try to be an angel.
"Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it." Irving Berlin