Wednesday, August 5, 2009

...freedom of ...


Hi. The carpet delivery was postponed until this morning so rushing yesterday was for naught. No big deal. I could have asked why the delay but it didn't matter to me at that point. The less verbosity the better even with freedom of speech. I try to be succinct and not belabor things or add a lot of 'uhms', 'likes,' or many pregnant pauses to elongate a comment. I believe in freedom of speech, but to me it doesn't mean to never shut the f*ck up. I install the nursery Roman Shades this afternoon and am sure it will go very well. Last evening I dropped by to pick up little Maxie for a few days but the beach jaunt had been cancelled. We ended up grilling Tilapia and than played cards for a little while. Oddly, as I am not a card aficionado, I finally won and won big. Perhaps a lottery ticket purchase is in order. I'll let you know. I can always write my blog from the Cayman Islands. ...all through the what, inc? Please send a shout out or a simple prayer to CD and ND as their move has proven to be a bit more difficult and challenging than previously thought. Blessed with free will we sometimes don't get the real picture of things until we are the ones that have to photo shop them at a later time. I can say that, can't I? I believe it and think it to be true. On this day in 1735 regarding Freedom of the Press: New York Weekly Journal writer John Peter Zenger was acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, on the basis that what he published was true. 'Seditious libel' is a criminal offense under English common law and must contain hatred or contempt attacking members of Parliament or any Royal member. This is the abbreviated definition, of course. I just got finished telling you how I hate to belabor things and must remain true to my word. England or not, I don't need to spend any more time in jail! The food is sub par and it's boring. Today's photo is 'Large Parchment Pendulum Clock'. Have a great day and for Heaven's Sake don't talk any s*it about the Royals unless it is true. Then by all means contact me first.
"The Queen is the only person who can put on a tiara with one hand, while walking down stairs." Princess Margaret
(...we all know a few of those, don't we!)