Wednesday, August 12, 2009

...only yesterday...


Hello. I am writing to you from my trusty laptop and really don't know what I would do without it. Many of you probably feel the same way. I take it back and forth to my store and it is (almost) always with me. My website, blog, accounting, Google, shopping, travel, you name it and I just did...the personal computer is a way of life for many. On this day in 1981 the IBM personal computer was released. What did people do in 1980? Those dastardly needlepoint area rugs will not arrive until Friday supposedly so today's rug delivery is postponed until I can deliver all of them at the same time. Nature of the beast. Tomorrow is another client's rug delivery. Isn't that exciting? Designing, ordering, delivering and laying them is a lot of work but when complete they make a huge difference in a space. I have to get to the shop early this morning to receive a furniture delivery and am happy that business keeps moving for me. I was hoping to spend a week on the beach at some point this month but that ain't gonna happen this year. Maybe in January after the tree and decorations have been removed. Anyway, back to the PC. They were huge back then and reminded me of the first car phones that were like speaking into a brick but they made life so much more convenient. I sound like Pa Kettle reminiscing but it is what it is. I have to hit the showers so have a great day, stand your ground and fire off a few emails just because you can! Pictured is my 'French Blue Demilune Table'.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby