Wednesday, August 19, 2009

...hot August nights...


Hello? After landing that sale of the breakfast area I learned that the Reclaimed Wood Table's dimension was shy of 70" by about 20" so, back to the proverbial drawing board. I delivered and laid 6 area rugs with slip proof padding last night and after walking and feeding the boys met friends for dinner. It was a hot and humid day but as I arrived at their house the skies opened. Dark, ominous clouds, lightening in close proximity and rains made for an autumnal, almost Halloweenish night. Boo! We watched a movie about a ship writer and I stayed awake, finding it intriguing. I have never been a Kevin Spacey fan and wonder how his face can go from bloated to taught from scene to scene. As lightening scaled the skies a storm brewed in the movie. The young girl in the flick had some 'powers' and watched a house float away in her dream as it happened in real (movie) life. On this day in 1692, I was about three, five people, one woman and four men were executed after being convicted of witchcraft. Later, townspeople gathered and toasted marshmallows as if nothing horrific had occurred. Maybe their weather was similar to Chester County' last night. I have the floor plan and several options ready for the basement project of this coming weekend. It has to be stylish and durable. There is already a huge bar set-up, similar to the 'Overlook Hotel' in the midst of a pre-construction basement and I love their priorities. I have known these people since 1692 and they are A+ and not a witch among them...well, only the good kind. I have been running myself ragged but am thankful that I'm busy so I won't whine. I hope everyone else can report same and is hanging tough, getting enough rest (lol), drinking plenty of (vodka) water, and feel healthy and good. Today's photo is the 'Black and Taupe Casual Dining Set' because I love black and taupe. As a matter of fact, my witch's cape and hat are made of those colors. Have a great day and eat steak, don't burn on one. 'Hot Summer Nights' by Helen Schneider. One of my favorite 80's flashbacks. You can't beat the black leather. She now does Jazz and german Broadway. Not that you asked.
"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes