Tuesday, August 11, 2009

...home (don't) run...


Greetings. This weekend was a complete success. The move went without a hitch, travel was fine and for a somewhat stressful task to run, we all did fine. Sunday was great also as I drove to Quakertown and spent the afternoon with AA and UD. That is always a guaranteed soul saving visit for me and I am lucky to have those connections. I am a member of a large group of friends and family who have my back, and me, theirs. With many who don't have my back it is nice to have that safety zone. I hung drapery yesterday and it turned out great also. By the time that I was finished, each swag had 5 very much identical pleats and the client was OC satisfied. Speaking of groups, on this day in 1988 Al-Quaeda was formed. Al-Quaeda is an Islamist group founded sometime between this day in 1988 and late 1989. It operates as a network comprising both a multinational, stateless arm and a fundamentalist Sunni movement calling for Jihadi international. Their objectives include the end of foreign influence in Muslim countries and the creation of a new Islamic form of government. They apparently believe that a Christian-Jewish alliance is conspiring to destroy Islam, and that the killing of bystanders and civilians is religiously justified in jihad. 9/11 began the 'War On Terrorism" although there are many conspiracy theories pointing fingers at insiders and not Al-Quaeda. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20Government/911%20Cover-up/911.htm This may be a little heavy for a Tuesday in late summer so let me say this. On this day also, but in 1929, Babe Ruth became the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career. This 'on this day' fact is much more fun and celebratory that constantly thinking that there are scary people out there trying to take down more than an opposing baseball team. AE stopped in to my shop on Saturday and is such a welcome visitor. She has a hot new invention/design but I must remain mum. Mine are beginning to bloom by the way. Not ideas, mums. I deliver eight area rugs this week so the weightlifting that I do will come in handy. Last evening CK and I finally caught up and had an outdoor evening even with the high humidity. I love it. It is summer. Have a great day and enjoy it to the best of your abilities. "Imperial Porcelain Primrose Lamp" shown.

"Success breeds success." Mia Hamm