Monday, August 24, 2009

...lights, cameras, shipping...


Greetings. Saturday morning I found myself searching for a large round table and either I am one of the pickiest people around or I like my original idea best. I digress. I took photos with my phone and had immediate reactions from my client who is many miles away. She agreed that what I had already found is the best choice for her needs. And my eyesight. I hit the 'video' button on my phone to give a thorough scan of the tables and find that invention handy to say the least. I wonder if Thomas Edison had that kind of 'vision' as, on this day in 1891 he patented the motion picture camera. Wonder if he knew just how large his idea would grow? Lucky for those "Twilight" kids or they would have to perform live on stage instead of committing their talents to video once, because live acting can get rather tiresome. I was referring to their acting. I mean the energy involved in acting repeatedly on stage.

Yesterday's appointment seemed to have erased the possibility of painting an already dark basement gunmetal grey, thankfully. We have decided, at least for right now, to have the rooms painted a warm wheat color and then I will get a few large framed canvasses and paint them gunmetal grey and hang them on a main wall. That way it won't look like the Panama Canal before the canal was poured. Or the Black Hole of Calcutta. I am referring to the guard room of Fort William and not the nudie films by those darling Disney teens. Ironically, (or not so much) on this day in 1909 workers began pouring concrete for this Canal which, as we all know joined the Caribbean Sea to the Pacific Ocean.

This morning I install custom window treatments way up high and lay another custom area rug and then plop a custom Cocktail Ottoman on top of it. Anyone want to join me as I am sure it sounds like great fun to all of you. Just don't film me. I have to be extrememly careful of the lighting. Have a great day, be kind but don't take any ship from anyone!
"If I didn't have my camera to remind me constantly, I am here to do this, I would eventually have slipped away, I think. I would have forgotten my reason to exist." Annie Leibovitz