Monday, May 10, 2010

...you say tomato


It was rather cool this weekend, but my plants are still growing and thriving. The tomato plants next door are thriving from the large amounts of precipitation we received this past winter. Yes, I said large, but please don't make a federal case out of it. On this day in 1893 the Supreme Court of the United States ruled in Nix v. Hedden that a tomato is a vegetable, not a fruit, under the Tariff Act of 1883. And then, on this day in 2003 the May 2003 tomato outbreak sequence took place. Groups of tomatoes were seen circling in the air over parts of Canada. What a sight that must have been! Huh, what? Mybad. It was tornado, not tomato. The replacement drapery hardware arrived and I went to install it Saturday morning, but to my dismay, the box was missing integral parts. I love doing things twice...I love doing things three and four times also. Don't you? Again, it all depends on what you are doing. Have fun today, work hard and try to ketchup on things.
"There is nothing like a dream to create the future." Victor Hugo