Tuesday, May 4, 2010

...a battle of wills


No, not a fight between Bruce Willis and Will Smith. Sometimes we have to dig in our heels to persevere. We can and do Ask God for strength and direction, but God likes those who help themselves. Incorrect drapery hardware, texting drivers, other annoying obstacles can pluck away at us, but don't fret. Someone who wrote about this, and said it a whole lot better than I just did was Ernest Hemingway, who, on this day in 1953 was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for 'The Old Man and the Sea.' You have probably read it but it may be worth your while to re-read it. Have your Bible handy because there are many parallels between the two books. Speaking of the sea, DF in Florida found my 'Nouveau Nautical Beveled Mirror' through my website. Ahoy maties, and Godspeed.
"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."
Ernest Hemingway