Monday, May 31, 2010

...cross your T's


Today is Memorial Day. Lionel Richie may sing Americana, folks will most probably be near a beach and/or grilling with friends and family, but this day is a day to remember soldiers who have died while in military service. On this day in 1927 the last Ford Model T rolled off of the assembly line after a production run of 15,007,003 vehicles. That one idea gave many jobs to many factory workers in one of the first assembly line production-styled businesses. Every factory worker showed respect to his/her fellow employee and all ran great. They dotted each 'i' and crossed every 'T' until the final car was completed. Then there were no more "T's" to cross. Pray for the soldiers.

Eulogy for a Veteran
By Unknown Author


Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

"The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble." Blaise Pascal