Thursday, May 6, 2010

...wrath


Don't worry, be happy. The Rust Hardware arrived late yesterday so I can now make the change and rehang drapery this weekend. Yippee! I love to do things twice, don't you? Well, admittedly, some things I do like to do twice. It's not like I am trying to farm in a dust bowl, it is custom drapery for Heaven's sake. My floral wool carpeting is now just a pee stained memory. Goodbye! Upward and onward, but not on the new carpeting please. Life is a school, so keep on learning and growing. On this day in 1940 John Steinbeck was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his novel "The Grapes of Wrath." The story was set during the Great Depression and focuses on a poor family of sharecroppers. They had to leave Oklahoma due to drought, economic hardships, and changes in the agriculture industry. I sort of know the feeling when wallpaper became a whore's market and understandably fell out of style. The only constant is change and we need to keep flexing with the times. "Dotty Storage Ottomans" shown today.
"Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other." Benjamin Franklin