Monday, May 3, 2010

...can you top this?


Yesterday's installation went great, even though it took 5 hours to complete. The finished product looks close to perfect and the clients are happy. I have been spending much time on top of ladders and the view is wonderful. "Top Of The World" you might say. I hung 10 'Hyde Park' hardware sets, many, many rings and panels of embroidered silk. Two of the hardware sets came in and were not the color selected although the packing slip read correctly, but that kind of stuff can happen. I will have them replaced this week. On this day in 1973 the Sears Tower in Chicago was topped out as the world's tallest building. Today I plan to make two tiny box pleated valances to install on top of privacy shades for a more finished look. I will also remove my beloved wool floral carpeting because 'someone' had a pee pee accident and it is right on top. No harm, no foul. We all need a place in this world. Stay on top of things and be thankful. "Fusion Coffee Table" pictured.
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be." William Shakespeare