Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lies, Library Tables and Life





Happy Thursday all! I found the best looking library table from a furniture outfit that keeps coming up with beautiful home furnishings and accessories. I have yet to be disappointed by this vendor and that is a comfort zone for me! I had one similar to it on the floor in my shop and it sold quickly. This one has a delicate harlequin pattern cut/carved on the v-shelves where books are meant to sit and there are small finials at the tops of the legs. Attractive! Aside from placing a table like this in a den or reading room, it would make perfect sense to put one in the family room ! Although the laptop is probably within reach, keeping some 'staple' books like a dictionary, thesarus, religious text, phone book, recipe book and more...easily accessible makes a great deal of sense to me. And although the piece looks fragile, you don't need to handle it with kid gloves. It is constructed of hardwoods, finished carefully and will withstand hardback, hard settings so don't fret. And speaking of gloves...on this day in 1994 Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were murdered outside her home in Los Angeles, CA. A man named O.J. Simpson, perhaps the name rings a bell, was later acquitted of the killings, but was held liable in a civil suit. That means that more than a few people think that he did it. I don't really have an opinion. Well, I need to run. My leather belt got all wet and even tho' I haven't gained an ounce the damn thing seems to have shrunk and barely makes it around my waist. I'm just saying...