Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...


It is rainy today in Chester County. That's fine as we need it. Hopefully it won't deter the fair goers, although it wouldn't stop me. You may think me crazy for my heading today, but I have reason to write it. On this day in 1870 The Christian holiday of Christmas was declared a federal holiday in the United States. I will now shamelessly promote one of my new Distressed Blue Fireplace Screens. I had dinner with great friends last evening and am thankful for their friendship and genuine caring. That same feeling comes from AA and UD also, and I am lucky. The Masland and Northwood carpet jobs are moving ahead nicely. One job is a dramatic black patterened stairway runner of which I will photograph when all is said and done. The other is a jet black wall-to-wall installation on a radiant heat floor. Special padding is used in this type of application so as not to over-insulate rendering the radiant heat floor moot. I have it pictured here. It will be quite dramatic when installed. There is a distinct black theme going on here. I hope that everybody has a good day today, 'weather' it be rain or shine.