Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th!


hmmm. let's not go there...It is sunny and beautiful in Chester County today. I was actually dwelling on my website, wondering if my china section was too confusing for the internet shopper to view. Lo and behold, late last night a woman from Indiana found the Tennis Gift Dish Sets and ordered two! I am still working on the upholstered pieces for a family room that I am doing, but there is no rush thankfully. Early this morning as I walked two of my dogs and carried the third (his ruptured esophagus makes it tough for him to breathe, especially in humid air) a woman stopped me to tell me that she had seen me yesterday carrying the third dog and wanted a piggyback ride claiming "That's the way to take a walk!" Funny and nice. I thought that I was alone yesterday, but aside from God watching 'from a distance' we really never know if someone is around. (cue scarey string orchestration). Today with the paparazzi in full time action, it must be hard to be in the public eye. Very few things escape the keen folks who make a livlihood out of this activity. On this day in 1893, Grover Cleveland underwent secret, successful surgery to remove a large, cancerous portion of his jaw; and the operation was not revealed to the US public until 1917, nine years after the president's death. If only Britney had shaved her head in 1893.