Thursday, April 15, 2010

...where are you going?


"Take a left in one quarter of a mile," my navigation system barks. "Left, now!" Auchtung! I have no sense of direction I hate to admit. When my navigation system isn't playing with me I am fine. When it feels like telling me to travel 6.5 miles in the wrong direction, how would I know? That's why I have the system. People often stop into my shop to ask for directions. Yikes. I can help them with a Poly/Cotton blend in a drapery weight fabric in 54" widths but...so I usually hit Expedia and print out a map for them. Bon Voyage! 'Gordy's Events' wants some of my Regatta fabrics but alas, it is on back order. I will try to 'direct' him to a second choice. He has mapped out a party plan and I intend to help. On this day in 1924 Rand McNally published its first road atlas. I was in my early 20's so it came in handy but not as handy as the navigational system that I call Fiona. When she is on a good mood. Have a good day, stay on track and if you feel confused you know who to ask for direction. And I am not referring to either Expedia, Rand or Fiona. Shown today, "Metal Sailboat." Just don't put it in water for Heaven Sake. It's metal.
"It is the set of the sails, not the direction of the wind that determines which way we will go."
Jim Rohn