Monday, April 12, 2010

...marco polio


I'm sure that most everyone has played Marco Polo in the water at some point. Hiding, finding, trying to elude capture. On this day in 1955 the polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, was declared safe and effective,all but eradicating polio from most countries in the world. This discovery reduced the worldwide incidence from an estimated 350,000 cases in 1988 to 1,652 cases in 2007. We had Jimmy Buffet Sunday, cranked up the music and had our share of Pina Coladas. This morning I may take Advil to all but eradicate my headache. I am working on a sailboat runner and readying the Cellular Shade installation for this weekend most probably. Be healthy and safe and don't be a crab. Shown today, "Blue Crab Apron."
"I pictured myself as a virus or a cancer cell and tried to sense what it would be like."
Jonas Salk