Wednesday, April 7, 2010

...friends


Well, last evening as I fired up the charcoal grill with a friction match out on my deck I heard a buzzing sound. Two slightly paint covered bumblebees hovered around me for quite a long time. I even called CN so that she could hear the buzzing thru my Bluetooth and to get some verification that I wasn't going crazier. I cannot tell you how happy I was that they survived the paint swim and even moreso, how they came back to let me know that they were ok. More blackout cellular shades arrived late yesterday which means a jaunt to the beach is in order in the near future. Maybe I'll bring my new bee friends with me. Strike a pose! Strike a match as on this day in 1827, John Walker, an English chemist, sold the first friction match that he had invented the previous year. He soon wished that he had made two as the young lad who bought it tried to light his joint in a strong wind and then had to rely on his Bic lighter to finish the job. "Tin Roof Wallpaper" is on it's way to Colorado for a big surprise...so I won't reveal any names, as usual. Peace, love and happiness. "Fishermen Bookends" shown above.
"Do good to your friends to keep them, to your enemies to win them."
Benjamin Franklin